Friday, September 9, 2016

Leadership lessons at the Government IT Symposium

I am excited to share that I will be presenting "Leadership lessons from unusual places" at this year's Government IT Symposium, in Saint Paul, Minnesota. I hope to see you there!

The topic comes from a sometimes-repeated topic on this blog: I like to find leadership lessons in unusual places. Often from television or movies, these leadership lessons look at a scenario from a different perspective. You can learn many lessons about leadership from TV shows or movies, even such unlikely sources as Breaking Bad, Superman II, Pulp Fiction, Disney's Mulan, Star Wars, The Walking Dead, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. There's something for everyone!

If you're planning to attend the Symposium, please attend my talk. It will be an engaging audience discussion as we review the lessons together. You'll have a lot of fun—and you'll learn a few leadership takeaways!

My presentation is set for Wednesday, December 7th, 2016 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

I'm also doing a second talk about usability, with a presentation titled "Usability testing in open source software." Check out my other blog Open Source Software & Usability for more info!
image: MN Government IT Symposium

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.